Check it out

Meet Cody Cox

Meet Cody Cox

There’s a new face around here! Through our partnership with the Missouri Small Business Development Center and MU Extension, we’ve grown our business consulting team.

Cody Cox has joined the team as a Regional Small Business Consultant focused on helping business owners start and grow their businesses.

Cody previously worked as a consultant in the veterinary industry. As the former owner of a veterinary practice appraisal and brokerage business, he’s familiar with the concerns of small business owners and knows how to help them find solutions.

With a degree in Business from Drury University, Cody is a self-proclaimed “numbers guy.” He likes to help people understand profitability, and feels strongly that everyone should have the opportunity to open a business. His main goal is to teach business owners to work smart and reduce their stress levels.

Cody Cox, Regional Small Business Consultant

Learn More About Cody

We love some Q&A! Learn more about Cody below.

What do you like to do in your free time?

“I love to ride bicycles. I have a lot of different kinds. I have a new e-bike (with battery-powered assist) that is super fun. I ride them all—gravel, road, mountain bikes, all of them. I’ve been riding since I was about 14.”

What is your favorite or dream vacation?

“I think I took it! I went to Alaska for two weeks, and would love to go back for an entire summer. I want to drive up through the Canadian Rockies in a van, and live day-to-day—really immerse myself fully in the experience. Alaska is amazing.”

What type of business are you most excited to be working with?

“I’m not sure there’s a type—I worked exclusively with veterinarians for a long time, so I’m excited to be exposed to a variety of businesses through this opportunity. I’ve been looking for new stimulation and I’m excited to add diversity where I’m not doing the same thing every day.”

We’re Ready to Help You Grow

Cody is only one of the dedicated business consultants at the Missouri Small Business Development Center at the efactory. Meet the full team and view the training calendar, too!