That’s right! Now is your chance to join our team as a Regional Small Business Consultant with the Missouri Small Business Development Center at MSU. We’re looking for someone who loves small business, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys being a team player.
It’s our mission to make Springfield, Missouri the best place in the country to start a business. We serve entrepreneurs through office space, coworking, trainings, business consulting, and more.
We believe hard work, determination, collaboration, and good ideas are worth fighting for. We truly believe Springfield, Missouri is where dreams can come true. Community is who we are. Forward is where we’re going. We’d love to have you along for the ride.
Regional Small Business Consultant
The Regional Small Business Consultant will be responsible for providing consultation services to small business owners on a wide range of topics.
Consultants work closely with clients on topics related to marketing, finance, management, personnel, and strategic planning.
The Regional Small Business Consultant will also help coordinate training seminars that are designed to meet the specific needs of small business owners and managers.
What You Would Do
Wondering what it looks like? The Regional Small Business Consultant will:
- Provide business coaching primarily to existing and second-stage business to help them grow
- Establish cooperative one-on-one relationships with business owners and managers, recommending viable options or identifying resources to address their stated and/or assessed needs
- Market educational offerings and promote the mission of the Missouri Small Business Development Center
- Establish positive working relationships with local and regional economic development organizations, critical community governments, chambers of commerce and business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain essential partnerships with local and regional organizations, governments, and key leaders to effectively communicate the Missouri Small Business Development Center’s value to stakeholders
- Develop and maintain partnerships with MU Extension County Offices and work closely with MU Extension faculty/staff throughout the region to provide services to regional small business clients
- Assist in the achievement of economic impact goals as established by the Small Business Administration, the Missouri Small Business Development Centers’ administrative office, and the Missouri State University SBDC related to job creation and retention, dollar amounts of loans and investments secured, increased sales, the number of businesses acquired or started, and jobs created or retained
We’re looking for someone with at least three years of experience in positions relating to business consultation, marketing, finance, and management.
Experience with manufacturing, technology, services, or wholesale business would also be great. Owned, operated, or managed a small business? Even better!
View the full job description and apply through Missouri State University’s job portal. Applications will be accepted through October 25, 2019.