Expansion at the efactory
Big things are coming.
The efactory is excited to be expanding our footprint on the second floor of the Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center. Our expansion project is made possible through a $1.25 million grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration. The grant will be matched with $1.25 million in local investment and is expected to create 360 jobs and spur $27 million in private investment.
This project was made possible by Missouri State University’s commitment to bringing together the public and private sectors to create an economic development roadmap to strengthen the regional economy, support private capital investment, and create jobs.
News about the expansion project:
- efactory explores expansion opportunties, efactory news, June 10, 2019
- efactory receives $1.25 million EDA grant award, efactory news, August 27, 2019
- U.S. Department of Commerce invests to expand Missouri State business incubator, Missouri State News, August 27, 2019
- Federal Government Awards $1.25M grant to efactory, Springfield Business Journal, August 28, 2019
- Springfield's efactory receives $1.25 million federal grant, Missouri Business Alert, August 28, 2019
- Federal grant paves way for $2.5 million expansion of efactory, Springfield News-Leader, August 31, 2019
Real-Time updates for clients:
Our staff is meeting every other week with the project management team to coordinate work and minimize the impact to clients on the first floor. We'll post updates here as we receive them.
December 23 - January 3: Crews will be completing some of the project's loudest work during holiday break. Clients can access the building during this time via access cards and should anticipate loud noise in the building. A tunnel will be constructed to allow for entry and exit from the west entrance.
Week of November 4, 2019: Crews will begin installing wall tracks. The loudest work will take place between 6:00 and 8:00 a.m. daily. Crews will be working throughout the building from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily.
October 25, 2019: Construction kick off Meeting
What we're working on:
Eight new private offices will be built on the second floor of the Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center. Offices will range in size from 450 - 600 square feet.
Training & Event Space
A large training and flexible use space will be constructed on the building's mezzanine level. The space will include flexible seating configurations, projectors, and more.
A new conference room will be constructed on the building's second floor. This new conference room will accompany the five existing conference rooms on the first floor.
Separate from the EDA award and corresponding expansion, the efactory is exploring options to add a rooftop terrace to the building as part of the larger IDEA Commons expansion project.
Why here and now?
We opened our doors in March 2013 with one goal in mind – to serve as a one-stop shop for small business owners and entrepreneurs throughout southwest Missouri. Our private offices have been fully occupied since the fall of 2017 and our activity level continues to climb. More space upstairs will open the door to more clients, more jobs, and more investment in Springfield, MO.
To date, our programs have:
- Assisted over 970 companies
- Created over 1,700 jobs
- Helped clients secure more than $78 million in capital and equity
- Helped clients secure more than $20 million in research and grant support
- Graduated 17 companies from the accelerator program
- Maintained a full lease occupancy rate with 45+ clients and 140+ employees since 2017
The efactory is located in downtown Springfield inside the Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center. We are proud to be part of the IDEA Commons district, Missouri State University's vision to create an urban innovation park. The efactory is located in a Tax Cuts and Jobs Act designated Opportunity Zone.