In March of 2013 Missouri State University set out to grow the IDEA Commons district and create a front door for entrepreneurship in southwest Missouri. Flash forward five years and here we are! A fully occupied business incubator, a bustling coworking space, robust trainings and business consulting, and some truly amazing impacts.
The eFactory is a building with a lot going on. If you’ve ever been confused about exactly what happens in the building, you’re probably not alone. Day-to-day we’re home to:
- Nearly 40 private offices, leased to early stage startups and technology companies
- A coworking space designed for remote workers, freelancers, and solopreneurs
- An accelerator program that invests $30,000 in early stage companies
- The Small Business & Technology Development Center
- The Management Development Institute
- MSU’s cooperative engineering program
- GO CAPS students studying entrepreneurship and technology
- Business resource organizations including AITP, Minorities in Business, and more
- Technology user groups totaling more than 600 members, including SGF Web Devs, .NET User Group, and others
An Incredible First Five Years
Clients of The eFactory and SBTDC have been up to some pretty amazing things over the last five years. They’ve blown past our initial five-year goals and have collectively:
We Must Be Doing Something Right
We’ve been honored to receive shoutouts, awards, and industry nods over the last five years. A few of our favorites are:
We’re excited to celebrate the success of clients and The eFactory at our Fifth Anniversary Celebration on March 29. Make plans today to join us! We’ll be enjoying appetizers, drinks, and live music at The eFactory from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Brief remarks will be made at 5:00 p.m.