Small business owners regularly share their need for access to more cash. While most of the opportunities for capital come in the form of loans, private grants occasionally come across our desks. Here are three grant opportunities that were recently shared with us. These grant programs are open to small businesses nationwide and are highly competitive. You can find more information on these grants below.
Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Small Business Growth & Recovery Fund
- Application period is from February 17th until March 19th at 11:59 PM EST.
- Grant program will award U.S. based small businesses up to $20,000 each in non-repayable grants, accompanied by complementary training and mentorship to support them.
- Qualified applicants have been operational for at least a year and generate up to $3 million in gross revenue.
2021 FedEx Small Business Grant Contents
- Official Rules at https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/Small-Business-Center/images/2021/FedEx_SBGC_Rules_2021.pdf
- Applications close March 9, 2021; Winners Announced May 10, 2021
- 12 (Highly Competitive) Prizes include:
- (1) Grand Prize of $50,000 plus $7,500 in FedEx Office print services
- (1) 2nd Place Prizes of $30,000 plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print services
- (10) 3rd Place Prizes of $15,000 plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print services
KKR Small Business Builders Grants
- Offering a series of $10,000 grants, support to small business owners through a range of mentoring and coaching, and connects small businesses to a network of resources through partners at Hello Alice
- Emphasis on companies that are pivoting their business in response to the pandemic, operated by historically underrepresented groups, and/or providing important community services.
- Must have between 5 and 50 employees
- Less than $7 million USD in annual revenue
- Demonstrated need for support
- Has a strong plan moving forward
- In good standing with the IRS or their local regulatory body